Wednesday 25 March 2015

Inspirational Women 25th March 2015

When people think of inspirational women they think of people like J K Rowling, Kate Middleton, Emma Watson and various other celebrities.
When I think of inspirational women, I think of one of my best friends.
To say she hasn't had it easy would be a massive understatement.
She left school with no qualifications due to battling depression through her teenage years. She came through, went to college and did her GCSEs. She then went on to do an NVQ in business admin and got a good job.
In time, she left the job and went to university. She has now completed her BA, is working towards an MA and is planning on completing the PHD.
Throughout completing her degree, her father has died, her husband has developed epilepsy to the point of having to leave work, he has an aneurysm on his brain which will require major brain surgery to remove, she has three young children and an older step child who has a young daughter of her own and she manages to work from home full time assessing NVQs.
In short, she is superwoman. How she handles all of this and doesn't fall apart is beyond me, but it's more than that. She not only handles it, but she still has a zest for life. She doesn't complain and ask why me. She is strong and funny and not bitter. She still manages to make time to see friends. She is still a good mother to her children and a good wife to her husband. She has a friend who is having some problems at the minute and she takes all of that on and helps her. She also writes, and manages to fit that in too.
I don't have a daughter, but if I did, I am proud to say I wouldn't have to look far for a positive role model for her.
Check out my other blog lovelifeandeverydaythings.blogspot.com and feel free to comment :)



No comments:

Post a Comment