Monday 4 May 2015

K Is For Killer Blogs


Day 11 of my A to Z Challenge. K is for Killer Blogs.

If you don't know how this works, I've posted the link back to the rules of the challenge at the end of this, along with a link to yesterday's post. If you want to read my full alphabet, just keep following the links. Each day has a link back to yesterday's post.

There are thousands of amazing blogs out there, and narrowing it down has been incredibly difficult. This list started out as my top 10, but I really couldn’t bear to leave any of these out, so it has become my top 15.

I would say they are in no particular order, but if I just list them, it looks like an order, so I’ve put them in alphabetical order by name. I am not being paid/bribed to list these blogs, in fact, none of the bloggers know I’m doing this. I will let them know once the post is live, as I don’t want anyone thinking I’m trying to use them in anyway. I hope none of them mind, I’m still fairly new to this and not really sure on the rules, but I’ve spoken to a few bloggers who say it will be ok as its positive. Fingers crossed. Here goes:


Becky Bedbug


Blog type: Lifestyle and beauty blog.

Why I chose this blog: I love this blog because it covers a bit of everything. Posts range from fashion, life updates, events and everything in between!


Chelsea Potter


Blog Type: Beauty and lifestyle blog 

Why I Chose This Blog: I enjoy reading list type posts, and this blog has some brilliant ones, all written with such humour.


Doneisha Dodd


Blog type: Motivational lifestyle blog

Why I chose this blog: I love the positive feel of this blog. There is such much negativity in the world and it’s nice to read uplifting posts.


Dorkface


Blog type: Lifestyle and beauty blog

Why I chose this blog: Amongst other things, I have found some really useful posts about improving your blog. I also found Tweetdeck due to a post on this blog and it’s been a lifesaver!


Honest Mum

Find it here: http://www.honestmum.com

Blog type: Lifestyle and parenting blog

Why I chose this blog: This is another blog that has some great posts on how to improve your blog. It also has a good mix of posts from daily life to everyday style tips.


Mum’s Days

Find it here: http://www.mumsdays.com

Blog Type: Parenting blog

Why I chose this blog: As a co-host to #TheList linky, I have found this blog so valuable. Linkys are a brilliant way to get your posts seen and to find some amazing blogs that you might not have come across.


Ordinarily Quirky


Blog type: Love, relationship and lifestyle blog

Why I chose this blog: I love this blog, the posts are well written and the blogger is not afraid to give an opinion on controversial issues.


Pouting In Heels


Blog type: Lifestyle blog

Why I chose this blog: A good mix of posts, my personal favourite being nine blogging myths that need to be cleared up.


She Might Be Loved


Blog type: Plus size fashion and beauty blog

Why I chose this blog: This blog is so glamorous and really shows you don’t have to be a size 0 to be beautiful.


The Dad Network


Blog Type: Parenting blog

Why I chose this blog: I like how this blog gives a different perspective on parenting, as the majority of parenting blogs are written by mothers, it’s nice to get a dad’s view.


The (Not So) Secret Diary Of A Wannabe Princess


Blog Type: Lifestyle and plus size fashion blog

Why I chose this blog: This blog really pushes home a positive body image. As founder of the #WeAreTheThey trend, this blog is truly inspirational.


The Single Swan


Blog Type: Parenting blog

Why I Chose this blog: I really like the simple, crisp design of this blog. I recently read the post “all about my in laws” and it was so relatable.


What Katy Said


Blog type: Lifestyle blog

Why I chose this blog: A good mix of post types on this one, there really is something for everyone!


You Baby Me Mummy


Blog type: Parenting blog

Why I chose this blog: As a co-host to #TheList linky, I have found this blog so valuable. Linkys are a brilliant way to get your posts seen and to find some amazing blogs that you might not have come across.


Zusters Chap


Blog type: Lifestyle for women blog

Why I chose this blog: Another blog that promotes positive body image, one of their contributors started the #EachBodysReady trend.

 

Drop by a few of them, read some brilliant posts and say hello.

 

What do you think of my choices? Are any of your favourites on there? Any you think should have been included?

 

Follow me on Twitter @randommusings29 and feel free to comment :)

 


The Dad Network
You Baby Me Mummy

16 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely idea! I'm all for sharing the blogging love so this is right up my street x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for including me! Fab company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Great blogs deserve some recognition! :)

      Delete
  3. Ah thanks ever so much! Very kind of you. Lovely to see some of my favourite bloggers in here too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. All these are great blogs and deserve a mention :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for including me, that means ever such a lot. In great company too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome :) I love all of these blogs and think that deserves some recognition!

      Delete
  5. Some great blogs there - Thanks for including me in your amazing round up!! I really appreciate it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic post but Ordinarily Quirky seems to be gone 😞 Do you know if she's moved to Wordpress or changed her blog's name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure to be honest. I haven't seen a new post from her in a while though and she seems to have disappeared off Twitter too :(

      Delete
  7. Great post! Love the idea. And some fantastic bloggers featured!! Know most of them quite well and the ones that I don't I'll check out. Thanks for linking up with us on the #bigfatlinky hope to see you there next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) And thanks for hosting, I will definitely be by next week!

      Delete
  8. Thanks so much for mentioning my blog, So glad you enjoy it. Thanks so much for linking up to #TheList x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome I really do enjoy it. Thanks for hosting :)

      Delete