Wednesday 6 May 2015

M Is For My A To Z Of Me!

Day 13 of my A to Z Challenge. M is for My A To Z Of Me!.

If you don't know how this works, I've posted the link back to the rules of the challenge at the end of this, along with a link to yesterday's post. If you want to read my full alphabet, just keep following the links. Each day has a link back to yesterday's post.

Today I thought I would share some random facts about me with you all. I hope you enjoy them!

A – I love American culture and would love to one day live in Manhattan, New York.
B – One of my guilty pleasures is playing online bingo although I don’t play anywhere near as much as I used to.
C – I once considered starting a catering firm but decided against it due to the sheer amount of legal hoops I would need to jump through!
D – I hate going to the dentist although I’m not quite sure why. I do love that just polished feeling though.
E – One thing I cannot stand is eggs (unless of course they are chocolate eggs!). The look of them, the smell of them, everything about them makes me want to bork.
F – My friends are so important to me. You can never over rate friendship! I have several friends who I would do literally anything for (they know who they are).
G – I find gardening strangely therapeutic. I tend to put off doing it, then once I start, I love it!
H – One of the charities I will always support is Help for Heroes. I think it’s an absolute disgrace that our government are happy to send the armed forces off to risk their lives, but refuse to give them the support they need upon their return!
I – When I was 18, I visited Rome. I loved it and would love one day to spend some time touring Italy.
J – I love joking around and having a laugh with friends. Not everyone “gets” my humour, because I am quite sarcastic, but my friends do and most of them are equally sarcastic. I usually find people who describe sarcasm as the lowest form of wit are those who don’t really get it!
K – I love Harry Enfield’s Kevin The Teenager character. Obviously it’s exaggerated, but looking back I think we can all see a bit of Kevin in our teenage selves.
L – I find love to be a strange and fascinating emotion. Some days I think it’s the greatest thing in the world, and other days, I can’t help but wonder if it’s a nice lie we tell ourselves to explain hormones and chemical reactions!
M – I hate the word moist (I did warn you these facts were random!). It always makes me think of something kind of sticky and grubby.
N – I’m definitely a night owl, and often write my blog posts at daft o’clock in the morning.
O – I literally can’t wait for the new season of Orange is the New Black. I love it and a year between seasons is too long. It's just cruel!
P – A lot of the things I cook end up being something with pasta. I’m not sure why this always seems to happen. Maybe I’m Italian at heart?
Q – I am one of those people who ask a ton of questions. If you tell me something, I figure you want me to know about it, so I feel ok asking for details. I’m not offended if people tell me to mind my own business though!
R – I think that people who define being rich as having a lot of money are looking in the wrong place. Unless of course money genuinely does make them happy, then they’ve got it nailed.
S – I’m a sun worshipper. I know it’s bad for me and I shouldn’t sit in it, but nothing beats the feeling of lying on a beach in the sun. I’m not into sun beds though – they seem pointless for me because no matter what I do I don’t actually tan, I just go pink and then back to glow in the dark white.
T – If talking was an Olympic sport it’s been suggested that I would win a gold medal! I can’t even be offended by this because I do talk a lot. Probably far too much.
U – I’m one of those people who always carries an umbrella in their handbags – except of course for the day it actually rains!
V – I think young people worry way too much these days about losing their virginity – the first time is seriously over rated!
W – In a strange twist of fate, I hate winter but love Halloween, Christmas and snow!
X – I love the X Factor. If nothing else it makes for great debate on social media! More on this on "X" day.
Y – I am addicted to Yankee Candles. They all smell so good!
Z – One of my all time favourite groups is Led Zeppelin.

Follow me on Twitter @randommusings29 and feel free to comment :)

Link to rules: http://www.myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04my-/a-z-challenge-whos-with-me.html
Link to L Is For Lessons Blogging Has Taught Me: http://www.myrandommusings.blogspot.com/2015/05/l-is-for-lessons-blogging-has-taught-me.html


Super Busy Mum
Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com

Mama and More

10 comments:

  1. I so agree with C-I work for a catere, love it, but would not want to own it, D -hate the dentist, thank God I only have had one cavity, G-definitely therapeutic!, M that word, I hate the way it sounds, and morsel! UG , Q-I too ask tons of questions, I have even more that I don't ask! LOL And I am awaiting a Yankee Candle right now, the fresh linen. Love them!

    That's quite a few things we have in common, perhaps we were separated at birth! LOL! But I like eggs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They say everyone has a twin out there somewhere so you never know lol. Oh yeah morsel is horrible too! :)

      Delete
  2. This is really interesting, always fun to read posts like this and find out a bit more about people, and I love the random nature of this one :) I also default to pasta, but I love eggs! #brillblogposts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I'm outnumbered on the eggs lol :)

      Delete
  3. I love your A to Z!!! I am popping over from #brillblogposts I to have an AtoZ of ME if you would like to take a look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I will definitely check it out!

      Delete
  4. This is great! I always love hearing about other people - we're all so different and yet so similar! We love the X-factor here too - it's a big family affair and the kids stay up late! #brilliantblogposts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I love reading these type of posts on other blogs and getting to know a bit about the bloggers, so I thought I would give it a go!

      Delete
  5. Oh no! You hate the dentist! I'm a dentist. :) I totally get it...I hear it all the time. It's the lack of control for most people.

    We continue to have a lot in common. I'm also a night owl...I wish my job allowed me to be one more so - - you seem to have the right idea with yours. And I whole-heartedly agree with you about the word moist and the correct definition of being rich.The older I get, the more I realize that money (although it makes life easier in some regards) definitely isn't everything to making you happy.

    Oh...and I get the addiction to Yankee candles. I have a Scentsy addiction myself. I just love being able to make my whole house smell fresh and clean at the flick of a switch.

    Elle @ Erratic Project Junkie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, it's nothing personal against dentists - I only tend to hate them when they are elbow deep in my mouth lol. I haven't tried Scentsy, but I will now!

      Delete