Friday 29 May 2015

My Monthly Reflections - May

reflection of the sun setting

This has been a really good month for me. It's been the month where I've sat down and really reflected on what I want to do with my blog. I've got loads of ideas about what is going to be happening over the next couple of months and beyond, but this is a post on looking back, not forward, so I won't go into that here (stayed tuned though, tomorrow will be the official reveal of June's themes and what to expect!)
May saw the second half of the A-Z challenge, followed by the Desert Island Favourites mini theme, with a fair few bonus posts thrown in for good measure. It's the month for me when everything clicked into place. I hit my 10,000 page views, which I am so excited about! My readership per post more than trebled since last month, with a lot of readers returning several times over the course of the month. It also brought a lot of comments, which I love reading and replying to. So thank you to each every one of you who has read my posts, commented on them, shared them - it means so much to me that people visit my little corner of the internet world.
Before I get too slushy, here's my monthly round up:

My most viewed posts:
1. Election: The results and the fallout http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/election-results-and-fallout.html
2. V is for Victim Blaming http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/v-is-for-victim-blaming.html
3. T is for Twitter
http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/t-is-for-twitter.html

The posts I most enjoyed writing:
1. S is for Signs you are addicted to blogging - This post was very light hearted and a lot of fun to write
http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/s-is-for-signs-you-are-addicted-to.html
2. When blogging goes bad - There's nothing like sharing your own stupidity and tantrums with the world! http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/when-blogging-goes-bad.html
3. Ireland: Leading the way into equality for all - I was so happy to learn that the "Yes" vote went through, and writing this post was such a positive experience. Even though I'm not Irish, I felt strangely proud writing it http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/ireland-leading-way-into-equality-for.html

My least viewed posts:
1. U is For Uncle Sam
http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/u-is-for-uncle-sam.html
2. Z is for Zealot
http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/z-is-for-zealot.html
3. My One Lovely Blog Award part 2 http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/the-one-lovely-blog-award-part-2.html
Technically, mu least viewed post was My New Blog Button http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/my-new-blog-button.html but that one doesn't really count as I didn't promote it at all, it was more just an experiment to see how the button looked in a post!

The post I least enjoyed writing:
X is for the X factor of writing
http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/x-is-for-x-factor-of-writing.html I would love to say none of them. I write because I love it, and usually I wouldn't write about something that held no interest for me. However, as part of the A to Z Challenge, the rule is to do a post for each letter of the alphabet. X didn't have a lot of options, and this post felt "forced". It got pretty well read though, so hopefully that didn't come across in the way it was written.

I'm not going to get too hung up on the less popular posts - after all if you have 10 readers or 10 million readers, something has to come last, and I'm trying to convince myself this is the case here rather than the posts being terrible! It could also be that the titles didn't sound as interesting as some of the others.

If you have a spare few minutes, why not check out my best posts - or show a little love to less popular ones!

What were your best and worst posts this month?

Follow me on Twitter @randommusings29 and feel free to comment :)
You Baby Me Mummy

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing...now I want to go read your S post.... to see if i'm addicted to Blogging lol! Angela x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I know I am! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. Just returning your visit to my blog and looking forward to reading more later.

    Incidentally, if you haven't already seen my reply to your comment you'll find my A - Z posts before the Easter ones :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, I'll pop over and have a look! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you like it :)

      Delete
  3. 10000 views is a great achievement. Well done !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your 10,000 pageviews! I'm glad I'm not the only one who regularly checks their stats and celebrates their milestones.

    I think this is a really interesting idea as well, especially sharing the posts you most enjoyed writing. I love to get insight into the way that other bloggers think and write.

    Cait @ Click's Clan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I try not to get too caught up in the stats but at the same time, I love checking them!
      Thank you, I'm glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  5. Interesting reflection post. I may look into adding something like this. I'm repaying your visit to Rantings and Ravings of An Insane Writer as part of the A-Z Challenge. Thank you for stopping in, and I'll be keeping an eye on your posts via RSS on TheOldReader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Spent most of today scheduling posts, so there will be plenty lol! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  6. This is a really interesting roundup - I like the way you've included both the most viewed and the least viewed. It can be a bit of a mystery why some posts get popular and others don't. Even if you promote them the same way, in the same channels, once gets lots of pick up and another just falls flat. Weird that.

    Now off to read your S post and see if I meet the signs (I think I will :D )

    Thanks for linking to #mymonthlyroundup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's weird. I always find a Thursday is a slow day for some reason!
      I definitely met all of the signs :)
      Thanks for commenting and thanks for hosting :)

      Delete
  7. What a great idea for a post. Interesting read. Thanks so much for linking up to #TheList x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you liked it :) Thanks for hosting!

      Delete
  8. I think it's really interesting to see what posts are well read and which aren't...sometimes there just no rhyme nor reason. Look forward to checking them out. #mymonthlyroundup}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I go back through looking for patterns and I never seem to find any! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete