Sunday 10 May 2015

Q Is For Quotes To Live By


Day 17 of my A to Z Challenge. Q is for Quotes To Live By.
If you don't know how this works, I've posted the link back to the rules of the challenge at the end of this, along with a link to yesterday's post. If you want to read my full alphabet, just keep following the links. Each day has a link back to yesterday's post.

These are my 10 quotes I love enough to try and live by!

1. Do. Or do not do. There is no try. Yoda
 
2. The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud. Coco Chanel
 
3. Be Yourself; everyone else is already taken. Oscar Wilde
 
4. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt
 
5. Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain
 
6. It's never to late to be what you might have been. George Eliot
 
7. Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love. Mother Teresa
 
8. The truth is everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for. Bob Marley
 
9. The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead, or smiling into your eyes, or just staring into space. Marilyn Monroe
 
10. Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. Alfred Lord Tennyson*
 
And I've also added two bonus quotes, just because I really like them!
 
1. If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself. Albert Einstein
 
2. The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has it's limits. Alexander Dumas
 
Are there any you would include that I haven't? Any you wouldn't have included?
 
Follow me on Twitter @randommusings29 and feel free to comment :)
 
* I have used this quote in a post previously and incorrectly credited it to Shakespeare. Apologies Lord Tennyson!
 
 
 
 
Running in Lavender
Cuddle Fairy
The Twinkle Diaries
Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com

10 comments:

  1. Great quotes. I personally love the Eleanor Roosevelt 'inferior' one. I'd love to live by that #sundaystars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I like that one too, nit the easiest one to remember sometimes though

      Delete
  2. Great list of quotes! I love 7 in particular it's so true! Thank you so much for linking up with #candidcuddles xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Thank for hosting, and I hope to link up again :)

      Delete
  3. No 9, it's a heart matter.

    #CandidCuddles

    xx Marta

    ReplyDelete
  4. great list love 2 & 9 thanks for linking up to #sundaystars

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these quotes, in particular 'If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.' I can see this being me when Zach starts school hehe! Thanks so much for linking up with #TwinklyTuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you think of it that way, you realise how much you thought you knew but now don't lol :) Thanks for hosting :)

      Delete