Saturday 13 June 2015

My Top 4 YA Fiction Trilogies

Originally, I thought I would hate YA fiction. I imagined it all to be sparkly vampires, and cheesy romance. As more and more people talked about it, I decided to give it a go - that many people can't be wrong, right? In this case - right!
YA fiction has certainly outgrown where it was when I was a teenager and the section consisted of Sweet Valley High, Point Horror and The Babysitters Club to name a few. Now the books are a bit more edgy. Generally they have a futuristic utopian feel to them, but the characters are more realistic, and more relatable and the stories are a little edgier.
I'm so glad I decided to give it a go. If you've never tried it and are looking for somewhere to start, or if you have tried it and are wondering what to read next, here are my four favourite YA trilogies so far:

 
1. The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
 
2. The Divergent Series by Veronica Roth
Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant by Veronica Roth
3. The Maze Runner Series by James Dashner
(Although originally a trilogy, there is now a fourth Maze Runner book - a prequel to the series. I believe there is also a book set for release next year that details a time between the prequel and the first book of the trilogy.)
The Maze Runner, The Scorch Files, The Death Cure, The Kill Order by James Dashner
4. The Delirium Series by Lauren Oliver
(I haven't actually finished this whole series yet, but it is fantastic so far!)
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
 
 
I'm always looking for recommendation, so if you know of any good YA fiction, please let me know in the comments section!
 
Follow me on Twitter @randommusings29 and feel free to comment :)
You Baby Me Mummy
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Haven't tried the last two, off to check them out now. I also enjoyed the Percy Jackson books and the Eragon series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No idea what "YA" means, I'm afraid, but I love the Farseer Trilogy by Robin Hodd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll have to give that one a go. "YA" means young adult :)

      Delete