Thursday 2 July 2015

Guest Post: How Friendships Change By Gizelle Arriola

Today's post is a guest post from the Lovely Gizelle who blogs over at Dearest Mommy. If you haven't had chance to check out her blog yet, here is a little more about her:
I'm a stay at home mother to a wonderfully chaotic blended family, who loves to blog about her  misadventures in life and parenting.
And now onto her post:

How Friendships Change by Gizelle Arriola

I am a thirty one year old mother of two. One of the things that’s become the most apparent in my life is that not all friendships are meant to last. I don’t think that this is necessarily a bad thing either. I think we are all destined to change. We change everything from our choice in clothes to our tastes in music. Change is all we can be sure of. IT’S a constant theme in all our lives. Whether for the better or not, is up to us.

I’m one of those people who believes in fate. I believe in fate due to several major events in my life up until this point. So many close calls will do that to a person. It’s obvious if I’m still here there’s a reason.

I think everyone whether they think so or not, is on their own chosen path. Sometimes we deviate from those paths, but fate can intervene at times to push us back on track.

This has brought me to my latest epiphany. We are not meant to carry every friendship we have ever made with us forever. Looking back I have noticed, there are times in my life when I was closer to some people than others. Sometimes it felt like it was meant to be forever, and then it wasn’t.

Other times I think we meet up with people who are at the same crossroads as us, and we unconsciously recognize this.

It’s such a human quality to think everything lasts forever. The truth is nothing ever stays the same. Life moves in all different directions at once.

I have had friends who I have known forever who I no longer speak to. We have drifted apart, and that’s OK. I guess some people are only supposed to be in your life for a little while. I think we are there for each other because we were meant to be.  Maybe not forever, but for that time in that place. When you connect like that with some people, you carry it with you for the rest of your life. Even when they are no longer a major part of your life, the memories stay.

Thinking back on it now, every person who has truly touched my life has changed it. Some I connected with in some of the worst times of my life. Drawn together by similar human experiences, and finding someone who could relate. Some I will never see again. Some I only speak to on occasion, but it’s always like no time has passed. Some I haven’t spoken to in years. Some I still hang out with often.

With all of these friends I truly felt they appreciated me for me. It’s a rare thing when you feel comfortable enough to be yourself completely. Every person who has touched my life in one way or another, have helped to make me who I am today.

The saying friends come and go is so true. For me though, I am grateful for both the ones that came and the ones that went….
 
Show Gizelle some love!
Visit her blog:  dearestmommy1.wordpress.com
Follow her on Twitter: @gizelleariola
Like her Facebook page: https://m.facebook.com/dearestmommy
And of course, feel free to leave her some comments below!
The Dad Network
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Touchy subject for me but i'm glad you can see this natural change with such positivity :) #bigfatlinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Gizelle has a good way of looking at it too, not always easy though! Thanks for hosting :)

      Delete