Monday 17 August 2015

Guest Post: My Life Being Self Employed By Sarah

Today's post is a guest post from Sarah from A Positive Beginning. If you haven't had chance to check it out yet, here is a little more about her:

Sarah is the owner of the blog, A Positive Beginning, where she enjoys helping others discover their true potential with the Law of Attraction. She believes that by removing negative habits from one’s lifestyle one can have the life they truly want. When she is not blogging, she enjoys reading, traveling, and engaging in art activities.

Sarah's post is all about taking the plunge and going it alone as a self employed blogger. Enough from me, over to Sarah!


My Life Being Self-Employed by Sarah
Guest Post: My Life Being Self Employed by Sarah
 
About 6 months ago, I left my corporate job to start a life being self-employed. It has been quite a journey too! With many setbacks along the way, I’m very surprised of my accomplishments to this day and can say that for anyone who has a goal, to stick with it, no matter what! Even when there were times for me where I wanted to go back into the corporate working life and taste the regular income, I knew that deep down I wouldn’t like it. It had no value to me and I felt that there was a better way for me to help people.

For a few months, I decided I would do reselling on eBay. It was a very lucrative business, but unfortunately it was a very competitive one too. In the beginning it was hard to get noticed, but after a while with more experience, it became easier. I even started to make enough to pay for my bills but it wasn’t enough to save up anything. Just when I thought all was going well though, sales all over eBay started to decline and it became so bad that I had no choice but to stop reselling and it left me stuck since I didn’t have a backup plan.

So for about a month I made time to figure out what my passions were and discovered my interest in self-development and blogging. It was an intimidating area because I knew nothing about coding or getting a blog started for that matter, but once the idea settled in, like really settled in, I became determined to learn! It took several months of nothing but writing for my blog to look official and once I had more than a dozen articles up and running, I was finally able to relax a bit and engage in my favorite activities such as:

·         Drawing/painting

·         Watching movies

·         Fishing

·         Exercising

·         Traveling

·         Spend time with family

Of course, to this day, times still get stressful like they do for everyone, but with hope and persistence, I know everything will work out! Even though my bills are on edge, I have what no corporate job could offer me, which is happiness and control. I can now help people in an area that truly matters to not only them, but to me as well. Although it took me a while to find this happiness, it was completely, and totally worth it!  I just had to follow my intuition.
Show Sarah some love! Visit her blog, and like her Facebook page! And of course, leave some comments below!
You can find me here: Twitter Bloglovin Pinterest and Instagram Please do stop by and say hi!

6 comments:

  1. That is a great post. I'm am currently going through some career-oriented transitions too. I will check out her blog. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed Michelle :) It was a good one!

      Delete
  2. I love Avon, but I haven't purchased anything from them recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, but I purchase every time - oops lol :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you Random Musings for featuring my guest post! It's wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, thanks for getting involved :)

      Delete