Thursday 20 August 2015

It's A Blogger's Life with Vicki from Honest Mum

It's A Blogger's Life with Vicki from Honest MumWelcome to the It's A Blogger's Life interview series.
As you may have seen, I posted a list of some of my favourite blogs at the start of the month, and what it is I love about them. Check it out here, you will definitely find some amazing new blogs to follow if you missed it first time around. I asked some of the amazing bloggers if they would be willing to take part in this series and introduce themselves to you and share a little of their blogging wisdom.
I was so happy at the responses I got to my request - it really does go to show the strength of the blogging community and how bloggers help each other out.
Thank you to everyone who responded, and thanks to each and every one of you on that list for consistently publishing beautiful and inspiring posts that keep me coming back for more.
Anyway, enough from me, over to the interview.

Today we have Vicki from Honest Mum

It's A Blogger's Life with Vicki from Honest Mum



1. Tell us a little about yourself
I am the founder and writer of parenting and lifestyle blog honestmum.com and
style blog mummysgotstyle.com. I'm also a multi- award winning filmmaker and
mum of two boys, Oliver and Alexander.  
2. Why did you start blogging?
In 2010 when on maternity leave with my first son, Oliver. I was a little lost
and alone after a traumatic birth and it helped me rediscover my voice and
connect with like-minded women.  
 
3. What is your blog about?
Honest Mum features all my passions-family life, food, film, fashion and beauty. Mummy's Got Style focuses on mine and my family's style
4. What are the long term goals for your blog?
To continue succeeding as a business but I also want to expand with my own
clothes line and to do more on camera work, which I love.  
 
5. Any tips for bloggers?
I have lots on my blog here, but to be yourself, write from the heart, get good at your own PR and don't be afraid to pitch to PR's, hustle and push your blog.  

6. Describe yourself in 3 words
Loud (ha)! kind, ambitious.  

7. What are your top 3 blogging essentials?
My laptop, phone and a notepad that houses lots of ideas, I still love putting pen to paper. 

8. What would be your dream blogging assignment and why?
I've had so many dream collabs with designers I love and admire to featuring
in British Vogue so my hope is these continue.  

9. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose and why?
I live in Yorkshire and it's my happy place, I travel a lot so perhaps in the
future spending half the year in LA and half the year in Yorkshire would be
the dream (I know my husband would like to move there at some point).

10. Where can we find you?
Everywhere!
Honest Mum
Mummy's Got Style


Show Vicki some love - visit her blog, follow her on social media and of course, leave her some comments below :)

Thank you so much Vicki for taking part!

Stay tuned for more It's A Blogger's Life - next up is Janet from Rambles, Rants and Writings on August 23rd!

You can find me here: Twitter Bloglovin Pinterest and Instagram Please do stop by and say hi!
The Dad Network

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your fab interview, so lovely to be featured xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're always welcome here Vicki, it's a pleasure to have you :) x

      Delete
  2. a great post! Vicki is one of my all time favourite bloggers. I enjoyed reading this post!

    Angela from www.daysinbed.com

    ReplyDelete