Wednesday 2 September 2015

Book Review: Broke by Mandasue Heller

Time for the review of the fourth book off August's reading list. You can check it out here if you missed it.

My review of Broke by Mandasue Heller
 
Book Review: Broke by Mandasue Heller
 
Blurb from the back cover
 
Amy only wants a happy family – instead, she’s in a nightmare of pain.
Her marriage to Mark isn’t the best – he can’t hold down a job, he’s got a bit of a temper. But she doesn’t want to know just how bad things are until his gambling habit brings Lenny Yates to her door. He makes it brutally clear how she can pay off Mark’s debts.
And Amy’s troubles are only beginning. Now there’s another woman in Mark’s life, who wants Mark for herself. She is ready to steal Amy’s man, her self-respect and even her children.
As the stakes rise, Amy will either lose everything, or she’ll have to learn how to stand up to her enemies…
My thoughts on the book
I really enjoyed this book. It tells the story of Amy. Amy is a normal woman with a normal family life, and this book shows how easy one mistake can send everything spiralling out of control. There was the odd point in the book where I wanted to shake Amy, but mostly, I imagined how I would feel if this was me, and I couldn't help but feel sorry for her.
Conclusion and rating
This isn't what I would think of a typical crime book, but it's well worth a read. I think it's a little far fetched, but I guess that's the fun of fiction! 4/5
 
Have you read this book? What do you think? Let me know in the comments!
 
You can find me here: Twitter Bloglovin Pinterest and Instagram Please do stop by and say hi!
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment