Thursday 7 May 2015

N Is For Need Vs Want

Day 14 of my A to Z Challenge. N is for Need Vs Want.

If you don't know how this works, I've posted the link back to the rules of the challenge at the end of this, along with a link to yesterday's post. If you want to read my full alphabet, just keep following the links. Each day has a link back to yesterday's post.

I remember when I was a teenager. I was upset about splitting up from a boyfriend, and was talking to my mam about it. She said something that has stuck with me ever since.
She said "In life, you will meet lots of people who you could live with. Find the one you can't live without".
I'm still looking for him, but I really don't think I'll ever find that sort of intense relationship. It terrifies me to think I could be that reliant on someone else. That if for whatever reason he left, my life would be in tatters. I like to think I am independent, responsible for my own happiness and needing someone else would put paid to that notion.
I think though, that this fear sometimes holds me back. If I meet someone who I think I could come to feel that way about, I tend to run a mile.
Its something I'm working on, and hopefully one day I will be able to give in and truly need someone, rather than merely want them around. Wanting someone is great, but I think needing them is the real deal.
Its a risk I think we have to learn to take to fully appreciate love. Yes, you might get hurt, but on the other hand it could be the best thing that's ever happened to you. You have to be all in, and if you do get hurt, pick up the pieces, and move on.
As Shakespeare said (I think it was Shakespeare): Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all!

Follow me on Twitter @randommusings29 and feel free to comment :)


Link to rules:
Link to M Is For My A To Z Of Me: http://myrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/m-is-for-my-to-z-of-me.html
 

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you, and Shakespeare - it is better to have loved and lost.
    (I also agree in finding the people you can't live without too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's scary to find people you can't live without. but would be extremely rewarding. Just have to hope they feel the same way! :)

      Delete